Thursday, June 30, 2016

Groovy Tires


Published on May 10, 2016 William Liddiard

"It works! I had to improvise a lot, use the materials available to me, and work on it sparingly when I could find the time. I decided to put them on my car. Unlike other omni capable wheels, my wheels do not require the vehicle to be built around them. This is a world first bolt-on application for anything with wheels. Designed to be used in all weather and road conditions. They are stronger, faster, and more accurately controlled than prior art. They can take a beating. The tires "can" have the same build characteristics (siping, grooves, rubber compounds etc.) as regular tires. Now you can drive in all directions, and turn on the spot, when needed. These are proof of concept prototypes to show that they work. Finished wheels will be refined to target application requirements.

Setup on this car has an incredible 24,000 pounds of torque directly on the tires!"

No comments: